Chakra Resort is a private property, and the rights of admission are reserved.
Your presence on our property implies your acceptance of our policies. Chakra Resort has the right to refuse and/or cancel any bookings that do not adhere to our policies upon arrival.
For booking your stay at our log cottages at the Chakra Resort you would need to book a minimum of two-night stay. However, please do not hesitate to contact us if you are looking for a one-night stay. We may have a one-night opening between bookings which are available through our online booking system or by phone.
All bookings will be confirmed on making 100% payment of all applicable charges including room tariff, any other selected extra services and HST.
An additional fully refundable fee of $500 will be charged as a security deposit at the time of booking. Please note that incase of any damages to our property or misuse leading to breakages or any incidentals during your stay will be charged at the time of check-out. If there are no incidentals found, then the full security deposit of $500 will be refunded immediately at the time of your check-out.
All reservations must be made must be by a person 23 years or older. Any guests (below 23 years of age) staying on site must be accompanied by an adult of 23 years or older. Chakra Resort has the right to refuse and/or cancel any bookings that do not adhere to this policy upon arrival.
For cancellations, please refer to our cancellation policy below.
All deposits and additional fees are subject to HST (15% tax).
All rates are based on double occupancy, two guests per bedroom. We allow upto 2 (two) additional children or 1 (one) additional adult per cottage for an overnight stay (on top of the regular occupancy capacity of the cottage. An additional fee of $25.00 + HST per night will be charged to your reservation for ages 5 – 12 and $ 50.00 + HST for ages 13 and up.
Check in time is 3:00 pm – Check out time is 10:30 am.
Late check-out may be allowed upon request; however, a late check-out fee may apply. Acceptance of a late check-out is solely within the discretion of Chakra Resort management and is subject to availability of your cottage on the day of your check-out.
We have a “do not disturb other guests” policy from 11.00 pm – 8.00 am on the property.
Any birthday parties, family reunions or gatherings with additional guests must be reported to the office for approval. It is up to the discretion of Chakra Resort management if an additional usage fee may be applied.
There is a property usage fee for weddings, family reunions, and organized functions. Please contact our office for more details.
Reservations are confirmed by email only unless otherwise requested.
Last Minute Reservations
Full payment by MasterCard, Visa or e-mail transfer is required at the time of booking for reservations made within 7 days of arrival which is non-refundable.
Nova Scotia Tax is 15% in addition to the established rate.
Method of Payment
Payment can be made by MasterCard, Visa or e-mail transfer.
A refundable damage fee of $500 will be collected from the guests on arrival. This will be used towards any extraordinary cleaning charges, damage resulting from negligence or willful or wanton conduct or any other damage caused during the guest’s stay. No smoking is permitted in the cottages and an additional $300 fee will be applied if this occurs.
100% of paid prepayments refundable when canceled 30 days before date of arrival or earlier.
75% of paid prepayments refundable when canceled 15 days before date of arrival or earlier.
50% of paid prepayments refundable when canceled 10 days before date of arrival or earlier.
0% refundable if cancelled within 10 days from the date of arrival.
To confirm a reservation, you must acknowledge and agree to Chakra Resort Policy along with providing the 100% deposit of the total cost-plus applicable taxes. These two things must be completed within 48 hrs of the booking request or the reservation will not be held, and it is not deemed confirmed.
Should you need to cancel your reservation at Chakra Resort Log Cottages, your cancellation notice must be made either by email or phone and acknowledged by Chakra Resort management.
Chakra Resort will make every effort to rebook the cottage, however we cannot guarantee rebooking. No-shows, late arrival and early departures are all non-refundable. Chakra Resort suggests that you purchase trip cancellation insurance which may cover you for specific unforeseen reasons that may cause you to cancel your trip. We certainly understand that circumstances arise that may require cancellation of your reservation, however we appreciate that you understand that Chakra Resort must strictly adhere to our 30 day cancellation timeline and all associated administrative costs.
Chakra Resort online Waiver Form
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the “Release Agreement”) BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE FOR NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This Release Agreement shall apply to all confirmed reservations.
IN CONSIDERATION OF the Releasees accepting my reservation at Chakra Resort permitting the use of the property (hereinafter “the premises”), I hereby agree as follows:
- I AM GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE that arise or result from in whole or in part, participating in the any Activity while on Chakra Resort property owned by Xaltcraft Inc. and, without limitation, claims arising out of or resulting from THE NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED BY THE RELEASEES UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT;
- WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT I HAVE OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE against the Releasees.
- RELEASE THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE, AND INJURY AND DEATH, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION AND INDEMNITY, that I may suffer from my participation in the any Activity while on Chakra Resort property owned by Xaltcraft Inc. DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT AND ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED TO ME BY THE RELEASEES UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT, SNS. 1996, c.27. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM OR WARN ME OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE; and
- INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any and all liability, including claims for contribution and indemnity, for any damage to property of or personal injury to, any third party, resulting from my, or my family member or next of kin, use of the Releasees’ property or participation in the any Activity at Chakra Resort owned by Xaltcraft Inc.
- AGREEMENT BINDING – This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
- JURISDICTION – This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of Nova Scotia and no other jurisdiction. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within Nova Scotia, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Nova Scotia; and
- SEVERABILITY – If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such determination shall not impair or affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof, and each provision is hereby declared to be separate, severable and distinct.
THE GUEST HAS READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND IS AWARE THAT BY CONFIRMING A COTTAGE RESERVATION AT THE CHAKRA RESORT THE GUEST AGREES TO THIS AGREEMENT AND IS WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
By confirming an accomodation at Chakra Resort the guest agrees to the above terms and conditions